[thechat] interesting

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Wed Feb 5 23:43:01 CST 2003

<http://www.gallup.com/poll/releases/pr030117b.asp>

Despite having the highest ever presidential approval rating, Bush has
only the 8th highest yearly average approval rating since Gallop
started conducting the poll in 1945. That puts Bush in the 85th
percentile. So, in his most approved of year as president, the American
people gave him a "B". The average presidential approval rating is 56%.
He's now at 60%, up from 58% in the previous poll
<http://www.gallup.com/poll/releases/pr030128b.asp>. Quite an
unremarkable prez, just lucky enough to have the conservative media
behind his image.

Also note that he got a 25% disapproval rating his first two weeks in
office. Now disapproval up to 34%. Apparently stealing an election was
not as big a deal as what's going on now.

PS. Today, I saw a pick-up truck with a full-rear-window American flag
decal get pulled over by the Eden Prairie Police. It made me smile. As
I passed them, both the driver and passenger were wearing cowboy hats.
That made me chortle.

PSS. Joke from this past weekend's Prairie Home Companion: What have
been the toughest three years in George Bush's life?

Second grade.

PSSS. That wasn't my favorite (that I remember) from the show. Favorite
was, "A blonde was walking down the street with her father. The father
said, 'Oh, dear, look: a dead bird.' The blonde looked up and asked
'Where?'"

Erik Mattheis
(612) 377 2272
<http://goZz.com/>