[thechat] Replacement of Marshmallows

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Thu Feb 6 19:03:09 CST 2003

Syed, check this out:
http://web.kraftfoods.com/jetpuffed/

marshmallows are soft and squishy and sticky but coated with powdery
stuff on the outside (cornstarch?), so the outside is soft and
powdery not sticky.  You can skewer them on sticks and roast them
over fires.  they turn golden brown on the outside, or if you are
severe, they catch on fire.  They burn nicely.

When you roast them, the inside is all goey and sticky and white.
The sugar carmelizes a bit giving it a roasty flavor.  You can take
the roasty melty marshmallow and make a sandwhich with graham
crackers and chocolate bar.  This is a "s'more" -- from "some more" I
believe.

some more.  s'more.

yes, popular with children.

 From the "interesting facts" section of the jetpuffed site:

"Soft, sweet, and extra-fluffy, JET-PUFFED® marshmallows consist of a
perfect blend of ingredients including corn syrup, sugar, modified
cornstarch, and gelatin. They're not only tasty, they're a fat-free
food!"

hth,

Erika