[thechat] Replacement of Marshmallows

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Thu Feb 6 22:53:01 CST 2003

Paul, I don't know if you have children yet... but I can't wait...

Son: "daddy, why are eyeballs squishy?"

Paul: "well, son, you see, the gelatinous structure of the cell walls
can be attributed to the arrangement of molecules... and here, let's
build a model with toothpicks and marshmallows... "

Son: "daddy, what's a marshmallow?"

Paul: "Well, a 'marshmallow' is technically a plant that grows in swamp..."

Syed, you may as well give up.  There is no earthly replacement for
marshmallows.  You must strive to further westernize your country so
that you will no longer be deprived of important and useful items
such as this.

Good luck,

Erika

PS The "squishy eyeballs" question was actually posed to me by my
daughter about 2 years ago.