[thechat] Replacement of Marshmallows

Sabrina Dent, Apperception sabrina.dent at appercept.co.uk
Fri Feb 7 10:57:00 CST 2003

At 10:26 07/02/2003 -0600, Erik Mattheis wrote:

>    I keep forgetting that the US doesn't have Indian/Pakistani food worth
> speaking of. Here and in the UK, every second takeaway is Indian. (Well,
> every third here).

Depends where you are. There were plenty of samosas in my childhood, and
what my mother made most often was reservations. Which is a convoluted way
of saying that in major cities outside the Beat Your Wife with a Bible Belt,
Indian food is a popular cuisine, although not the staple it is here in the
UK.

Conversely, I cannot find good Chinese food outside of London. As a New
Yorker, this is an ongoing crisis situation.

And if anyone could remind me what England's "Prawns on Toast" is called
when it's in the US, I'd be grateful. Not being able to remember is slowly
driving me insane.

--Sabrina
OT: http://www.darlingbri.co.uk
Now taking Boyfriend Applications!