[thechat] Replacement of Marshmallows

abbey abbey at abbeyink.com
Fri Feb 7 11:02:00 CST 2003

On Thu February 6 2003 2:01 pm, Syed Zeeshan Haider wrote:
> I think yes! We have Samosas, Pakoras, Corns, Kabaabs, many recipes of rice
> and Pakistani version of western fast food etc. If you ever come to
> Pakistan, don't forget to tell me. I'll tell you the best places to enjoy
> the best dishes of Pakistan, especially above mentioned.

http://appetizerrecipe.com/AZ/CrispyVgtblPkrs.asp -- after looking at recipes
like this and Samosas, while they sound wonderful, the thing with s'mores is
that we make them while sitting around a campfire.

Give the kids some sticks, some marshmallows, graham crackers and chocolate
and then let them go to town. Marshmallows flambe! How many colors does a
marshmallow turn before it's soot?? If, by chance one actually makes it on a
graham cracker with chocolate, well, s'mores the better!

Samosas and Pakoras don't seem like they have quite the campfire communal
cooking atmosphere as s'mores.

Now, after the children have raced around the campfire with flaming
marshmallow torches and sharp sticks, and after eating a good portion of
candy, it's time for them to go to bed.

Hmm, you know, it is fun actually. Seems a little crazy when I write it down,
but it's fun at the time.