[thechat] Replacement of Marshmallows

David Wagner dave at worlddomination.net
Fri Feb 7 14:42:01 CST 2003

Sabrina wrote:
> And if anyone could remind me what England's "Prawns on Toast" is called
> when it's in the US, I'd be grateful. Not being able to remember is slowly
> driving me insane.

"Instant Heart Death Blobs".

No, really, I've never seen this sort of thing outside of Chinese dim sum,
where they're prepared as little chunks of bread with shrimp and seasoning
on top, glued together by deep frying. Possibly the most fattening food I've
ever eaten -- and consequently, one of the most delicious.

I found a reference to "ha to sie", which appears to be the Mandarin name
for the dish.

Are you referring to the same sort of thing? And if so, is this a common
snack in the UK? That, along with regular beervolts and a significant lack
of George W., might convince me to expatriate myself on over there.

--

David Wagner
dave at worlddomination.net