[thechat] Getting closer

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Sat Feb 8 03:10:01 CST 2003

abbey wrote:
> Just got a call tonight from my daughter -- she's hysterical. Seems my
> granddaughter's daddy is off to Ft. McCoy at oh-dark-thirty Monday
> morning. Half his unit has already been assigned to Kuwait.
>
> Dunno why I'm telling all of you, but I really hate this. I hate the
> whole thing. I'm afraid for him, afraid for all our soldiers and sailors
> and afraid for us -- this is bad, this is so very bad and so very wrong.
>
> Most people just yell at me, tell me I'm unpatriotic and all sorts of
> nasty names. But this just ain't right.

Given the general and global opinion about this proposed police action, I
doubt anyone sane would do such a thing.  As Erik has already said, it seems
quite a lot of 'merkans have been brainwashed to an extent as to make this a
non-sequitur event to them.  I personally am disgusted with my excuse for a
leader, the yapyap dog that is Tony Blair ... George: "Ah'm gonna bomb
Shaddam back into tha stone age, boy." Tony: "Mmmm, yes, super, yes, lovely,
mmm, yes."

Also, while all eyes are on Iraq, some people I think forget that North
Korea fully realises that whatever happens to Hussein and his country,
*their* country is next on the list of the lunatic "Axis of Evil", and a
country with a visible and active nuclear weapons programme, and an
undoubtedly fanatical and desperate army, is a bad kinda country to piss
off.

Makes you wonder what Al Gore would have done.  No matter what happens in
the coming weeks, please Americans, for the love of $diety, VOTE FOR SOMEONE
OTHER THAN A TRIGGER-HAPPY LUNATIC TEXAN (no offence to non-trigger-happy
non-lunatic Texans!)

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________ "When Microsoft Office is your only hammer,
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \ pretty much everything begins to look like