[thechat] Getting closer

Hugh Blair hblair at hotfootmail.com
Sat Feb 8 03:50:00 CST 2003

> I thought there was democratic process?

Only to elect the leaders that make decisions.

> A war that no-one wants?

"no-one" is about 47% in the current poles. Unfortunately
not enough.

> What if all the people that didn't want a war stayed home from work
> until the war was called off?

Many personal bills wouldn't get paid, many people wouldn't
eat for lack of income.

> Would that do it?

Simply put, no.

> How do you organise that kind of thing?

First you lead - stay home, then ask all your friends to also
stay home with you. Then find someone that doesn't agree with
your action to bring you the food you can't afford and let you
live in their house because you can't pay your home payments.
Stay-off-the-job strikes are fun, huh?

hb