[thechat] Getting closer

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Sat Feb 8 12:12:07 CST 2003

> p.s. I want to repeat my point again, as it might have been lost among
> the argumentation of the last paragraphs again -- let's carry on the
> conversation, but let's not make untrue and hysterically unintelligent
> statements.
>
> Cheers,
> Lauri

Yes, let's not do that...

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/L08559964
http://www.wsws.org/articles/2002/oct2002/poll-o08.shtml

http://news.findlaw.com/ap_stories/i/1107/2-2-2003/20030202060006_27.htm
50:50 split on a poll of 800 people!

http://www.obv.org.uk/reports/2003/rpt20030121g.htm
http://www.truthout.org/docs_02/12.19A.unconvinced.htm

Polls tell you absolutely nothing.

Elected government that acts without consulting it's electorate on major
issues is nearly as bad as dictatorships.

My point was that no country should wage war on another without the
support of it's people.  That support should be a democratic process not
a media event.

I don't believe that that statement is possible to acheive because most
of us a re too busy with our own little lives to do jack sh*t about it.