[thechat] Getting closer

Sabrina Dent, Apperception sabrina.dent at appercept.co.uk
Sat Feb 8 16:41:26 CST 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lauri Vain" <lauri_lists at tharapita.com>

What Lauri said about use of language: yes, yes, yes.

> Tony said:
> > My point was that no country should wage war on another without
> > the support of it's people.  That support should be a democratic
> > process not a media event.
>
> Doesn't congress have to approve wars?

But not "military action" like, say, Vietnam.

Also, please see "War on Terrorism," which Shrub declared within hours of
September 11th, and has spent a massive amount of your tax payer dollars on
well before any military action. (Mostly invading your privacy, but that's
another thread.)

So, in theory: yes. In practice: no.

--Sabrina