[thechat] RE: War of a different kind...

webguru at vsnl.net webguru at vsnl.net
Mon Feb 10 08:43:00 CST 2003

>I'm not sure who to tip for this...
>obviously, Australia are red-hot favourites,

If you didn't already know, cricket is like a religion in India. The
cricket fever in this country is crazy at this time.

And while we may have a smashing batting lineup on paper, consistency has
never been our team's strength. So while I hope that the "world's best
batsman" will make the matches exciting, I wouldn't bet money on India.

But it would be so cool to do it again 20 years after the '83 win...

Regards,

Madhu
(who will rejoin this list on Sunday)