[thechat] Protest counts from around the world

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Sun Feb 16 17:08:09 CST 2003

On Sunday, February 16, 2003, at 10:50  pm, Pauline Caldwell wrote:

>> Enough, though? I don't think Bush gives a rat's arse one way or the
>> other, and Howard has indicated he doesn't. What about Blair?
>> --
>
> Blair doesn't give a rat's arse either.

Yet.

When
a) He loses the Scottish general election in May because of tactical
voting
b) Enough of the Parliamentary Labour party face deselection if they
support the war
he will start to care.

istr a campaign by Manchester Council for Social Service in the 80s
where they managed to get their grant restored after a massive cut by
reminding the national Labour Party that they would be without anyone to
do the legwork in the upcoming general election. National leant very,
very hard on the Manchester party... the grant was restored.

Cheers
Martin
   tel:	+44 (0)774 063 9985				Edinburgh,