[thechat] boyfriend application

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Mon Feb 17 09:30:00 CST 2003

Sabrina Dent, Apperception wrote:
> [snip]
>
> Well, it's hopefully witty, but it's also partly serious.

You gotta admit, it's a good screening process :)

> I met my last
> SO via the 'net, so it seemed like a reasonable ploy now that I'm
> Seriously Single again.

I hate being Seriously Single.  One thing that piqued my interest were these
dating club bar event things where you get like 30 seconds with someone of
the required sex (depends on which way you lean obviously) and this happens
with loads of people, then you pick who you'd like to meet up with seriously
and ta-da, instant relationship.  The only problem was that it piqued my
interest for about 0.3 seconds, then I realised "what a fscking stupid way
to meet people" :)

Then again ... Seriously Single ... sounds like a condition.  "Quick, this
man needs an IV of bint, stat!"

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________ "When Microsoft Office is your only hammer,
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \ pretty much everything begins to look like