[thechat] s/blogger/movable type/g

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Mon Feb 17 23:27:00 CST 2003

howdo,

i just spent something like 3 hours migrating my site from Blogger to
Movable Type - not a reaction from the recent news re: Blogger/Google, just
something I've had pending in my head to do for a while.

The tricky bit wasn't really the install, that was done in about 10 minutes,
and that was mostly waiting for perl modules to install from CPAN ... it
wasn't importing my 2.5 yrs worth of posts from Blogger, MT did that utterly
painlessly ... the tricky bit was huckling back in all my bad html :)

Being able to customise the experience to buggery kinda rawks tho - I now
have nice calendar navigation in my archived posts, which is nice.

Anyway, it's been a bit evil, and I thought I'd share -
http://neuro.me.uk/blog/ in case you haven't lost interest and/or the will
to live by this point.  MT - it rawks my blog infested world :)

--
_ __/|   ___  ___ __ _________ "When Microsoft Office is your only hammer,
\`O_o'  / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \ pretty much everything begins to look like