[thechat] s/blogger/movable type/g

Sabrina Dent, Apperception sabrina.dent at appercept.co.uk
Mon Feb 17 23:57:01 CST 2003

From: "William Anderson" <neuro at well.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2003 5:27 AM
Subject: [thechat] s/blogger/movable type/g

> howdo,
>
> i just spent something like 3 hours migrating my site from Blogger to
> Movable Type - not a reaction from the recent news re: Blogger/Google,
just
> something I've had pending in my head to do for a while.

Was just discussing this with someone. I am not a blogger fan. I have my own
(badly planned out, I now realise) database system for my journal, but I'm
happy to chuck raw HTML into it. When we set up blogs at SatinSlippers, the
userbase was decidedly ungeeky so we used MT.

My host (who is a total doll) installed the CPAN modules and I paid the
wonderful and efficient Trotts $20 to install MT for me. Works great,
haven't touched it since.

Now that's how to build a blogging community!

Yours, lazily,
--Sabrina