[thechat] Take that David Blaine!

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Fri Feb 21 11:09:01 CST 2003

 From the "Magician Envy" files...

British magician to entomb himself — in cheese

British magician Noah Kelly announced bold plans Wednesday to entomb
himself in 320 kilograms of mature Cheddar cheese for 48 hours next month.

“This is an endurance test. I’m not going to wimp out and use a mild
cheese,” said Kelly, 32, who’ll perform his stunt at a shopping mall in
his hometown of Weston-super-Mare, in the west of England, on March 20.

Kelly said he got the idea while lying in a bathtub thinking of US
celebrity street magician David Blaine, who spent 62 hours inside a big
ice cube in New York’s Times Square last November.

“I was thinking how cheesy what he did was, and then from there I
thought that I could do it surrounded by cheese,” he said. —AFP

Courtesy of:
http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=story_21-2-2003_pg9_7

Judah