[thechat] Snowball fight turns... umm... I don't even know how to express it...

David Wagner dave at worlddomination.net
Mon Feb 24 16:29:00 CST 2003

 From Reuters / Yahoo! News:

PHILADELPHIA (Reuters) - A Philadelphia man angered by a children's snowball
fight retaliated with a drive-by shooting that left a 10-year-old girl
critically injured with a gunshot wound to the head, police said on Monday.

http://tinyurl.com/6cy9

"This little girl had nothing to do with anything. She wasn't even involved
in the earlier fight. That's what makes it even more tragic," Police Capt.
Charles Bloom told reporters Monday.

*That's* what makes it even more tragic. Not that a 32-year-old man was
*shooting at children*, but that the girl he *happened to hit* with a chunk
of hot lead WASN'T THROWING SNOWBALLS!

And people wonder why I'm for gun control. Good god, sometimes I wonder why
a good portion of the population of North America isn't kept locked in
padded cells.

--

David Wagner
dave at worlddomination.net