[thechat] Grammies

Alan McCoy a.r.mccoy at larc.nasa.gov
Tue Feb 25 11:42:00 CST 2003

:: Daybreaker should have been eligible.  I just think she
:: doesn't have a high enough profile in the US.  It seems that
:: most of the people I introduce Beth Orton to have never
:: heard of her before.  And while I like Daybreaker, I think
:: that Central Reservation was better grammy material.

You bet!

:: Yeah, a star-studded tribute that didn't suck.  I was
:: impressed.  Bruce Springsteen grimaces to musically.

If only the trapdoor would've opened under Bruce so that Elvis Costello
could've deservedly done "London Calling" by himself...I just can't picture
The Boss singing late 70's British punk.

Alan