[thechat] head shops busted by feds

Mike Migurski mike at saturn5.com
Tue Feb 25 14:05:01 CST 2003

>Herr Commandant Ashcroft decided to take the War on Drugs down to the
>level of pipe blowers yesterday.  In a nation-wide effort (Operations
>Pipe Dreams and Headhunter), they raided selected shops across the
>country, appearing to focus on shops that had websites.

"With the advent of the Internet, the illegal drug paraphernalia industry
has exploded," Ashcroft said. "The drug paraphernalia business now thrives
not only in small shops but it is now accessible in anyone's home with a
computer and Internet access...Quite simply, the illegal drug
paraphernalia industry has invaded the homes of families across the
country without their knowledge."

Aaaaaaah!

Only John Ashcroft has the unique ability to combine ignorance of the
consitution (presumption of innocence) and the workings of the internet in
a single statement.

What a tool.

I'm dusting off my Polish passport; this is absurd.

                 http://www.saturn5.com/mike/contact.html

                "Freedom! Horrible, horrible freedom!"