[thechat] cooked carrots (was: what is this thing anyway?)

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Thu Feb 27 04:54:01 CST 2003

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003, Garrett Coakley wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 09:04:25 +0000 (GMT) Martin Burns wrote:
>

> > *cough*Brussel Sprouts*cough*
> > Spawn of Satan
>

> Now now Martin, I though William explained what the Spawn of Satan was
> yesterday!

Are you saying that Satan created sendmail first, and was then satisfied?

> (I agree with you... sprouts, digusting f******! Cabbages that didn't
> have the balls to grow up!)

There's apparently a chemical in sprouts that only some of the population
can taste. And if you can, it tastes disgusting. Which is why some of the
population absolutely hate sprouts, and the rest don't.

Doesn't explain why old people all love 'em. Something to do with living
through the war & rationing I think.

Cheers
Martin