[thechat] cooked carrots (was: what is this thing anyway?)

Alan McCoy a.r.mccoy at larc.nasa.gov
Thu Feb 27 07:41:01 CST 2003

:: Because when you stir-fry carrots, you should more or less
:: just warm them through. If they lose their crunch, then
:: you've ruined them.

I totally agree! I'm usually a big fan of raw veggies. The crunch you get
when biting into a raw carrot just feels healthy. However, if I have to cook
them, I usually steam them just to the point when they start to get a little
tender on the outside. That way, they're still cooked, but retain that raw
crunchiness inside.

Of course, if I had my way, I'd eat all my veggies rolled up in rice and
seaweed and dipped in wasabi-laden soy sauce. Mmmmm...

Alan-san ;-)