Texas Weather ... was RE: [thechat] Error 404: Cannot find...

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Thu Feb 27 14:00:01 CST 2003

Martin freaked with:

>>woah, back it up there fella.
>>It's snowing in Texas. And we'll be there in a week or so...

Awwww ... it was gonna be a surprise!  ;-)

It was 80+ in Houston last Saturday when I mangled a hamstring cleaning out
the flowerbeds. (We lost a few Mexican Heather plants to frost and had to yank
them out.)

Of course, that's changed a bit now ...

It _has_ been unseasonably cold the past few days. 36 degrees f the past two
mornings and raining here in Houston with highs in the 40's.  40 degrees this
morning with a high today expected in the 50's.

Cold. Wet. Ugly grey skies.  Gee - Makes me feel like I'm back in Cleveland!  ;-)

This weekend should be nicer with temperatures back up in the 70's.

I'm expecting the weather to be fine in two weeks.

{But - if it snows while you're here - I'd recommend staying inside and relaxing
in the hotel pool.  *I* certainly wouldn't want to be on snowy/icy roads with a
bunch of Texans who aren't used to it!}

RonL.