[thechat] cooked carrots (was: what is this thing anyway?)

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Thu Feb 27 14:46:01 CST 2003

At 01:39 AM 28-02-03, Erik Mattheis wrote:
>Perhaps so, but all the SE Asian restaurants here serve it.

Ah, SE Asian. I thought you were talking about pure Chinese restaurants.

>>The dipping sauce has carrots in it? Don't know about that one then.
>
>It's pretty much as I described it, am sure the ingredients include
>vinegar, fish sauce and sugar ... then the carrots and onions floating
>in it ... am just not sure of the proportions, but seems it would be
>easy to get it approximately right.

OK, Erik, see previous recipe that I posted - Yam Polamai. Make the salad
dressing described in it, and if you like, switch vinegar for lemon juice.
It may or may not give you what you want, but it will taste great. ;)

I don't understand what carrots are doing in a dipping sauce. It doesn't
give any real flavour to it, and it's a bit too chunky for a dipping sauce.
Strange.

Madhu

Madhu Menon
Internet User Experience Consultant
e-mail: webguru at vsnl.net   |   Yahoo messenger: cold_logic

Content * Interfaces * Usability * Net Strategy