[thechat] Mostly (was: Handling a knife like a pro) (was: Cooked carrots)

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Thu Feb 27 20:12:00 CST 2003

As I didn't know what "sex positive" meant, I looked it up and found
<http://www.sexuality.org/aspp.html> which reads like the intended
audience is autistics or at best, people who have never seen a rated R
romance.

Among the many gems:
"Sex is almost always better by candlelight. Turning off the ringers on
your phones or pagers is another nice touch, as is setting a nice CD on
repeat play. Keeping a towel, a bottle of water, and maybe a warm wet
washcloth handy is also a good idea. Keep the room temperature on the
warm side."

Yes, darling, it makes me feel so close to you when you turn your cell
phone off.

Christ.

Am I the only one here who actually ENJOYS awkwardness? Are a few
seconds wondering if they're going to kiss you back worth less than an
hour of completely relaxed intimacy a year later? Is it more thrilling
to have an arranged conversation about how one likes being touched and
then methodically doing it than finding out by chance?

At least from reading the page above, it seems like a "having a sex
positive attitude" is a euphemism for "how to feel like you're with the
right person even if you're not".

I shall create a counter-movement beginning by registering the domain
lummoxes-for-clumsy-sex.org.

Or maybe I just chose the wrong introduction to read? Or maybe I'm just
too choosy or not into free love enough.

This thread id has come full circle: what cut of beef is pot roast ->
where is the G spot.

Erik Mattheis
GoZz Digital
<http://goZz.com/>