Texas Weather ... was RE: [thechat] Error 404: Cannot find...

Luther, Ron Ron.Luther at hp.com
Fri Feb 28 07:52:01 CST 2003

Erik Mattheis noted:

>>Although I don't complain about the cold like most Minnesotans, as a
>>person who owns a car but prefers to walk, I have unique troubles. The
>>obvious one: sidewalks are icey all winter.

Hi Erik,

OK - I'm Guilty.  I wasn't always that good about keeping my sidewalks
clear up in Ohio ... thats what kids walking to school are for, right? ...
but I have to say I've been absolutely exemplary about keeping the snow
off my sidewalk at my new house!!  ;-P

Hey, as long as you're in Minnie-soter ... try the sidewalks in Duluth!!

Yee Gods!  Not only are they icy ... but they are *extremely* steep! The
entire city is built on the side of a hill.

<PR Marketing>
Ah yes ... "the air-conditioned city" ...
</PR>

Duluth is kind of the San Francisco of the central US.  There are good
sized sections that are *that* kind of steep.

RonL.
<perpetuating a myth ... or is that called trolling?>
Oh - but you've got that *dry* cold in Minnesota ... that's not _nearly_ as
bad as the *damp* cold in Chicago or Cleveland!
</perp>