[thechat] Mostly (was: Handling a knife like a pro) (was: Cooked carrots)

Tara Cleveland tara at taracleveland.com
Fri Feb 28 11:14:00 CST 2003

Sabrina Dent, Apperception wrote:
> 2. Poor Self Esteem
>
> Aside from social and familial damage we do unto each other, we as a
> culture(s) innundate people with unrealistic media. The bodies we see
> presented sexually in mainstream ads, magazines, movies are almost always
> slotted into a social stereotype. Sexually explicit imagry is unrealistic.
> Ergo, we have young and adult males ashamed of the size of their penis and a
> thriving industry in "A Biggee Penis in Three Days!" We have adult and young
> women convinced there is something wrong with their labia because they're
> not viewing an airbrushed version of themselves.
>
> *Number one question I get from young women: "My labia are ugly. Can I have
> them removed/will anyone every have sex with me if I look like this?"
> See here: http://www.darlingbri.co.uk/journal/archive.asp?ID=135

I've always liked Femalia (scroll down a bit it's the fourth book down) $23
Canadian
http://www.comeasyouare.com/index.cfm?&FA=Catalog.show&sPage=BooksGraphic

or on Amazon (watch the wrap) $11.60 USD
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0940208156/qid=1046452217/sr=8
-1/ref=sr_8_1/104-0478767-8299100?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

It's got some gorgeous photos of labia and vulva. And it's cheap!

Hey Sabrina, have you read "Deal With It!"? I thought it was a pretty good
sex-positive book for teens (and adults too ;-) ).

Tara