[thechat] Handling a knife like a pro (was: Cooked carrots)

Quackamoe quackamoe at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 1 14:13:00 CST 2003

 http://www.cooking.com/products/shprodde.asp?SKU=161629

This url would never resolve to anything in NS4.74. My
Solaris machine only has solaris 2.5.1 on it so I cant
load mozilla. Finally tried the link at home on
NS6.1*.
Yeah, that looks pretty cool. When I was stationed in
Misawa, Japan back when I was in Uncle Sam's Canoe
Club** I picked up a knife that I absolutely loved.
It was kinda clever like, blade was about the same
length as this one, but the width(depth) was only
about 1 3/4". I used it for years but it's been gone
for years too. I didn't know how to take care of it or
sharpen it or anything. So, does anybody know what I'm
talking about?

Terry

* For some reason the location bar has disappeared
  from IE5 on the PC.
** 1979-1982. I was a Russian linguist. Before going
   to Misawa I spent a year in Monterey, CA learning
   Russian at the Defense Language Institute
(graduated
   with honors). Met my wife at church there, she was
   a local girl. Then we spent 4 months in San Angelo,
   TX. Arrived there on 1 July 1979. Talk about beauty
   and the beast. Hmm, that not only applies to a
   comparison of Monterey and San Angelo, but my wife
   and me too!

With a little more typing my PS will be longer than my
actual message.