[thechat] Stupidity should be cured, says DNA discoverer

Lachlan Cannon luminosity at members.evolt.org
Sat Mar 1 19:19:00 CST 2003

rudy wrote:
> http://www.newscientist.com/news/news.jsp?id=ns99993451

> please, somebody tell this idiot his telomeres have shorted out

Eh.. well if there are genetic factors preventing someone from (I can't
believe I'm about to say this) "realising their full potential" then I
say it's a good thing to get rid of them. Especially if it's in the form
of a disease that's preventing learning.. which is what it is hinting at.

> speaking for myself, i like people of all kinds of intelligence

Well, I doubt everyone would suddenly be the same.. he's talking about
kids who can't learn even in kindergarten. In my oh-so-humble opinion
helping those kids out is most definitely a good thing, if possible. How
would you feel having to live in this world when you weren't even able
to learn basic numbers properly?

> has anyone here read "brave new world"?

Nope?
--