[thechat] Stupidity should be cured, says DNA discoverer

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 1 22:35:00 CST 2003

> From: "rudy"
[...]
> there were guys working on "screening" in the 1940s, if i recall

there's a difference between eugenics as characterized by the nazis
and good ol' fashioned research into improving the species...

> speaking for myself, i like people of all kinds of intelligence

i don't... i don't suffer idiots well... and i don't mean low IQ, i
mean *idiots*... i know a girl with a degree in math and a degree in
physics, working on a masters and ideally moving to her PhD, but she
is dumb as toast when you talk to her... knows math and physics, and
i respect that (as anyone who knows me would recognize), but i can't
even talk about that with her... and she's not a flake, she's just
dumber than a bag of hair...

> has anyone here read "brave new world"?

yeah... you make it sound like that world is a bad thing...

hmmm...

--
my latest book project:
  Web Graphics for Non-Designers