[thechat] Stupidity should be cured, says DNA discoverer

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Sat Mar 1 23:31:00 CST 2003

> From: "Morgan Kelsey" <morgan at morgankelsey.com>
>
> > i don't... i don't suffer idiots well... and i don't mean low IQ, i
> > mean *idiots*... i know a girl with a degree in math and a degree in
> > physics, working on a masters and ideally moving to her PhD, but she
> > is dumb as toast when you talk to her... knows math and physics, and
> > i respect that (as anyone who knows me would recognize), but i can't
> > even talk about that with her... and she's not a flake, she's just
> > dumber than a bag of hair...
> >

> dude, you're making me shiver!
>
> i teach piano to a kid whose completely blind, deaf in one ear, wears
> weird braces and shoegear -- in short, the type of embryo that would
> have landed in the "unworthy" stack. but whaddya know, the kid is a
> genius, and incredibly talented musically.

that description also doesn't meet my "idiot" qualification... you're
implying that *i* would have shuffled his embryo into the unworthy
stack, when that's not right... if you can fix that stuff, fix it...
ever see Gattacca? kinda like that, but clearly without the bizarre
genetic classes they've instituted...

> if anything, we should stop passing seat-belt and helmet laws.

i tend to agree with that... wholeheartedly...

> > > has anyone here read "brave new world"?
> >
> > yeah... you make it sound like that world is a bad thing...
>
> hey i enjoy my soma too, but i wanna be the one administering it, ya
> know?

well, you'd better get in line, then...

--
my latest book project: