[thechat] contract work rant

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Thu Mar 13 14:24:30 CST 2003

oh, maybe it wasn't "for free."

I thought it was work for free because of this:

>So, I feel pretty dumb right now -- I basically gave her my code and now I
>can't even *advertise* it.

in particular the verb "gave."

but then later abby writes:

>I suppose I could ask for it back (my first
>reaction, of course), but she does pay.

btw, on my web site, I have listed my place of employment with a
link.  I don't really get specific about what I've done for them,
though I could, if asked.
Lessee...right now it links to my "personal" acct on the company
server.   In the past I've had more description and included a link
to the front page.
http://seastorm.com/portfolio/index.html
It is on my "portfolio" page.

It never occurred to me to ask if this is okay.  Why shouldn't it be?
It's like a resume.

Anyway, I think I sort of agree with Sabrina on that one.
If you think you might not like the answer, don't ask.

*and*

If you are a contract worker, you need a contract.

Erika