[thechat] pdx protests

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Tue Mar 18 14:53:32 CST 2003

http://www.corereflections.com/march.htm

one ladys pix: watch out, her choice of signage does reflect echoes
of sweet & salty Portland stripper culture... (I think the Bettie
Page sign is kind of cute.)

More here:
http://www.portland.indymedia.org/

Protest scheduled for 4 pm on day the bombing stops... there is talk
of disrupting business, so on the locql TV news this morning the
anchor says:
"Local police say they will do whatever it takes to protect business."

Finally, the truth!

I also want to give love to my "real" hometown (well, my real
hometown is Freshwater, but 6 miles away in Arcata....)

*************************************
http://www.arcataeye.com/top/030310top02.shtml
"Arcata to defy Patriot Act
An Arcata ordinance resisting enforcement of the U.S. Patriot Act has
been introduced by the City Council and is likely to be adopted at
its next meeting."
*************************************
The feds raiding Arcata glassblowers (as Judah described happening in
Eugene)  probably contributed to this.  I mean for goddsakes is there
anybody more harmless than a fricken GLASSBLOWER?  oh yeah, maybe a
CERAMIST!  No doubt they're next.

I have to stop now or I'll say something that could get me arrested.

WELCOME to 1984, are you ready for the 3rd World War
You too will meet the secret Police..."

Jello was only 20 years off (for US *overt* actions)

(I'm just a wee bit surprised they went after the glassblowers first.
somehow I thought they'd target someone... more dangerous.  duh.)

Erika