[thechat] This is a test of the emergency broadcasting system

Elfur Logadottir elfur at elfur.is
Tue Mar 18 18:53:54 CST 2003

From: "Bob Davis"

| Come on now - be nice.

I think he is, but remember: at the time he wrote this god only knows how
hard he'd been working to try and get the lists and other things running
under the circumstances.

| Did she know when this was happening? Any possibility that she wasn't
| forewarned? Any possibility that nobody checked that she wasn't going
| to be out of town or anything?

oh, we knew *she* was going to be out of town, and i don't think he's
actually referring her here. as it turnes out she probably didn't receive
the pwds after latest change, last july.

| I think "unwilling" is a rather harsh accusation to be throwing around.
| It kind of reminds me of the deliciousness that was last Spring.

there are probably others he had tried to contact. and as you probably
know, it's pretty frustrating when you're stuck in a box and can't reach
out to the one that holds the key.
and believe me, it took a lot of brains working constantly for a good
amount of time, just to be able to reach out to those who were believed to
have some information. ...

| On Tuesday, March 18, 2003, at 10:37  AM, John Handelaar wrote:
|
| > evidently we've left it entirely in the hands of
| > people who are unable or unwilling to respond to
| > requests to assist.

without knowing who he's actually referring to, i'm pretty certain that it
isn't her.

later
elfur