[thechat] evolt.org: normal service resumes shortly

John Handelaar john at evolt.org.uk
Tue Mar 18 22:25:14 CST 2003

Good news, folks, at last.

David from everydns.net is providing stopgap NS service
as soon as the next zone updates are processed.

[We ended up not using William's offer at the last
minute because some of the servers involved weren't
preregistered with (spit) Netsol.]

We found Marlene Bruce on the end of a cellphone in
Vegas at about 0320 GMT this morning.  She was able
to retrieve the password using a shifty combination
of not-using-the-account-number and some idetic mojo
which I don't quite understand.  That let me into the
Netsol web interface at last and we committed the
DNS changes about 5 minutes later.

Your kudos, gifts and whatnot, then, to David at
everydns.net, Sabrina Dent and her all-day transatlantic
phonecall session, William Anderson, Elfur Logadottir
and everyone else who spent all of Tuesday on #evolt
getting this nailed.

And thanks to everyone for bearing with us.

Status updates, in the meantime, still available at
http://evolt.org.uk

John Handelaar

T +44 20 8459 4923       M +44 7930 681789
F +44 870 169 7657   E john at userfrenzy.com