[thechat] RE: Green card lottery

Chris Marsh chris at ecleanuk.com
Wed Mar 19 11:25:28 CST 2003

Madhu

> Sorry for wasting bandwidth. Should've just done a whois first.
>
> It's a total con, run by a guy from Rawalpindi, Pakistan.

The green card lottery is real. However, the chap hosting the site is
incorrect in stating "The Green Card Lottery program is open to ANYONE
-- all individuals who want to move to the United States -- no matter
where you live!". Both UK (except N. Ireland) citizens and those of
India are excluded. One can apparently circumvent this, but as the
reason for exclusion is the high rate of immigration from these
countries I suspect it would be difficult.

Bizarrely his prices are around 50% less than those on the genuine site.

http://www.us-immigration.org/gclot2.htm

Regards

Chris Marsh

"It's much more interesting to live not knowing than to have answers
that might be wrong."

  - Richard Feynman