[thechat] 103 Pak prisoners return from US - PakTribune

abbey abbey at abbeyink.com
Wed Mar 19 15:06:43 CST 2003

On Tue March 18 2003 3:22 pm, Erika Meyer replied:
> >http://www.paktribune.com/news/index.php?id=18927
> >What an average American thinks about Green Card holder Pakistanis?
>
> Syed, there is NO SUCH THING as an average American.  To assert that
> there is would be telling a lie.  We are such a diverse mix of
> cultures, you cannot categorize us, not culturally, not racially.
[snip]
> wish we could all be sitting around the fire, eating s'mores...
> blowing glass...
>
> Erika

There really is no average American as Erika explained.

However, those holding green cards are treated differently depending on their
country of origin and their geographic location. For example, in my hometown,
you'd probably be treated better if they knew you were from Pakistan and not
Mexico.

In my hometown, descendants of families originally from Mexico and Latin
America have long been discriminated against. While those from Canada, UK,
and most of Europe, aren't even *seen* since they look like me.

But, do we check green cards before we single out a group of people? No, not
really.

Now, Erika, please pass the . . . .

uh, marshmallows, yeah, I better stick to marshmallows today.