[thechat] Baghdad Blog

Erika Meyer emeyer at lclark.edu
Thu Mar 20 13:51:36 CST 2003

Madhu
>I sometimes think one fella reports something, the others hear it
>and pick it >up, and they in turn parrot it. ;)

It's not a joke, that is exactly what happens.

Madhu try to find the documentary "Manufacturing Consent."  There's a
fascinating study of how American media works, mostly following New
York Times.

Also, you'll find "experts" get recycled all the time... oh this guy
is an "expert" in x,y,z  -- why?  because my other reporter buddy
said he's an expert... and he says he's an expert... and he's
available to make an expert statement...

Reporters are busy people, they have to take the quickest route...

Erika