[thechat] protests?

Debbe Watson debbe1 at swbell.net
Fri Mar 21 11:47:57 CST 2003

I understand both sides of this issue and of course no one wants war.
We live in a free and open society so everyone has the right to protest,
however there are bigger things in this picture than the individual
protestor.

Protesting did not prevent war from beginning, so logically, who would
think at this point protesting would halt it in its tracks.

My concern about present day protestors are:

1.  They are providing large crowd opportunities for terriorists.
2.  They are risking injury to themselves and others around them.
3.  They are distracting military and local law enforcement from very
important duties and issues concerning national security, regardless of
what country they are in.
4.  They are wasting tax payer dollars on events which are not being
recognized by the powers that be.
5.  They are risking repercussions on many levels and their futures by
having an arrest record.... even just for protesting.

Give it up!  Use your voting power to protest, not your life.  You get
more than one vote.  You only have one life.

Debbe