[thechat] Happy Deaths

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Fri Mar 21 15:07:18 CST 2003

The war, I guarantee you, on the US's side, has nothing to do with
religion. The Bush White House is deeply religious, but the reason many
rich people in America are deeply religious is to help them deal with
the subconscious guilt of having so much when others have so little.
You can google up writing on this theory. The war has everything to do
with power and money, any part religion plays on the US's side is
secondary at best.

What's happened, in my opinion, is the same thing that occasionally
happens to the leaders of many great empires: they get so drunk on
power that they loose all touch with reality. Remember that most of the
people in the Bush administration now were in power during the first
Bush administration: so they've had a couple of decades to get power
drunk.

After I first heard of the "Decapitation Attack", I was reluctantly
optimistic. If such a thing would have been  done with UN approval, I
would have approved of it. And if it had killed Hussein and enough key
leaders to satisfy Bush and his associates so that they said "game
over", perhaps the Iraqi people could have taken it from there, thanked
the US, and much of the world would would forgive us for our un-asked
for and unprovoked attack.

--
vanity project in progress:
<http://goZz.com/presents/aristotle/>