[thechat] Happy Deaths

abbey abbey at abbeyink.com
Fri Mar 21 17:06:08 CST 2003

On Fri March 21 2003 1:26 pm, Syed Zeeshan Haider wrote:
> Many reports
> in our newspapers are suggesting that Bush junior is fighting against Iraq
> on religious grounds though oil would be a bonus. Bush wants a completion
> of Greater Israel Mission. After this Muslims' holy places will be
> destroyed for a Jewish temple. After which, according to Bush's belief,
> Jesus will come back and all of Middle East will be a part of Christian
> world including Israel.

The only reason I'm responding to this is because Syed says this is based on
newspaper reports in his country. That makes me sad that my western
civilization is seen in such a way.

Also, Syed, for your information, the historical, archaeological and religious
importance of Baghdad and the Tigris-Euphrates River Valley preceded your
Prophet by a significant period of time. There are religious leaders in the
USA advocating against action in Iraq in order to save history, both yours
(Islam), mine (Christian) and that of future generations who can learn from
what is commonly called *the birthplace of civilization* and there are some
who believe the Christian Biblical Garden of Eden may have been there --
there is much that has yet to be discovered.

Syed, many call you a troll, and in some ways, I believe it too. But, it still
worries me that you are probably not alone, that these *newspapers* really
are printing these things. Where they get their sources, I have no idea, but
I am deeply saddened and disappointed.

--
<abbey />