[thechat] protests?

John Handelaar john at evolt.org.uk
Mon Mar 24 11:03:28 CST 2003

On Mon, 2003-03-24 at 16:22, Bill Haenel wrote:
> Do you recall that Saddam's Hussein's air
> force dropped poison gas on the Kurds leaving 5000 dead and 7000 injured?
> The Kurds that were attacked had the benefit of becoming the first civilian
> victims of a chemical attack in world history.

With the notable exception of all those people who found
themselves on the receiving end of a coating of napalm,
Agent Orange or both during Vietnam.

And if we're counting numbers, there were more.

And if we're trying to establish credibility, I was out
protesting about that attack in 1988.  Where the hell
was your government?  Oh, right, I remember.  Selling
Saddam more gas and weapons.

Gimme a break.

--
John Handelaar <john at evolt.org.uk>