[thechat] A balance of opinion.

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Tue Mar 25 06:50:38 CST 2003

On Tuesday, March 25, 2003, at 03:55 AM, Drew Shiel wrote:

> At 15:43 24/03/2003 -0500, Bill Haenel wrote:
>> A connection has not been disproved, either. I'm not saying I believe
>> everything I read in the papers, but here's an interesting read
>> anyway:
>> http://www.iht.com/articles/84885.html
>
>   Isn't proving something not true some kind of logical problem? Or am
> I remembering something else?

January 31, 2003: Bush and Blair Deny Link

During a press confrence on January 31, 2003, a reporter asked George
Bush and Tony Blair if they believed there was a link between Saddam
Hussein and al-Queda's attack on America:

Q: One question for you both.  Do you believe that there is a link
between Saddam Hussein, a direct link, and the men who attacked on
September the 11th?

THE PRESIDENT: I can't make that claim.

THE PRIME MINISTER: That answers your question.

Source: Official White House transcript at
<http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2003/01/20030131-23.html>

--
-/erik/
Pictures of Liberated Iraqis