[thechat] A balance of opinion.

Hugh Blair hblair at hotfootmail.com
Tue Mar 25 17:50:18 CST 2003

Uh, you just described the current Iraq. And about "an international
organization of some sort", would you mean the UN? Been there, done
that, waited for years for their useless non-action. So what would
*you* do if some country was:

"out of control"
"putting innocents (or "political prisoners") into labor/death camps"
"attacking other countries in an unprovoked manner"
and no "international organization of some sort" was able or willing
to do anything about it. This is a serious question, now what would
you do? Whether I agree or not, the US Gov thinks it's now up to
them to "address the issue."

> "Civil disobedience is (always) wrong" is an opinion.
>   Henry David Thoreau had a different opinion and so do I.

Just because HDT said it doesn't make it cannon. Here we disagree.

hb