[thechat] When is it time for war?

John Handelaar john at evolt.org.uk
Tue Mar 25 21:10:48 CST 2003

On Wed, 2003-03-26 at 02:46, rudy wrote:
> john wrote:
>
> > Because of the rule-of-thumb (not legal, just basic
> > common sense) that action is justified *if* it saves
> > more lives than it costs.
>
> what a beautiful justification for the forced regime change in iraq

Rudy, if you honestly think that the current regime
is likely to kill more Iraqis than we will, you're
out of your bloody mind.

500,000 last time *without* an invasion.
500,000 at least this time.

Tell me, please, how the hell he's supposed to outdo
us, given that he doesn't even have an air force?

['Chemical weapons'.  Yawn.  Show us the money.  Oh,
that's right:  there ain't none.]

--
John Handelaar <john at evolt.org.uk>