[thechat] A balance of opinion.

Tara Cleveland tara at taracleveland.com
Tue Mar 25 22:41:32 CST 2003

On Behalf Of Erik Mattheis

Hugh Blair wrote:
> <thought_experiment_started>
> ../does not compute
> ./Iran not democratic
> ./Iran citizens have almost no rights
> ./Iran women have < 0 rights
> /reboot
> </thought_experiment_ended>
>
> system fault

Too bad your system had bad data. ;-)

I thought you might be right. But it does seem as if Iran is going through a
period of reform. It would be a shame to force this process and risk the
danger of making more enemies against "the West".

I'm not sure that I'm as optimistic as Erik though.

Check out some info here:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/static/in_depth/middle_east/2000/iran_elect
ions/iran_struggle_for_change/changing_face/default.stm

Sorry about the wrap.

Regards,
Tara