[thechat] World domination plan a GO!

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Wed Mar 26 12:34:24 CST 2003

Although the protests are fun and I get a sense of fulfillment from
participating, I do not "joyfully march" such as the people Einstein is
referring to. I march with sadness, hope, anger, and empowerment, but
mostly embarrassment over my country's actions.

Being that you're not specifically criticizing me, but those I am
aligned with, I'll do the same:

The herd mentality is in your camp: supporting a war that will
supposedly make you safer from terrorism and make people in Iraq
happier without being offered any proof or logic, when proof and logic
exists that indicates exactly the opposite is true.

While handing out fliers:

Me, "Are you interested in information about anti-war activities?"
Creepy racist: "No. Kill those camel fuckers."
(me: "There's an Army recruitment office about eight blocks that way.")

In a conversation regarding the supposed justification for this
invasion:
Me: "What you're saying makes no sense, people in Europe have been
paying like $3-4 per gallon for gas for years, and life goes on."
Idiot: "Yeah, but people in Europe drive less. I drove my truck 4
blocks to get here, and as an American, I have a right to do that."

At Saturday's "Support Our Troops" (more accurately, "Pro-Invasion"
although many people went for the ostensible reason) rally in St. Paul,
as reported by the Star Tribune:
<cite>
The only speaker who received a hostile reception was N. Ruby Zigrino,
a Muslim from Minneapolis. She was initially cheered when she said she
supports "ousting a tyrant regime."

But she then read passages from the Qur'an, suggested that a new
Marshall Plan will be needed in Iraq, and said administration officials
should study foreign-policy failures to avoid repeating them.

Her listeners responded with boos and shouts of "Screw Muslims!" "Screw
the Qur'an!" and "Go home!"
</cite>

--
-/erik/