[thechat] Why send reserves?

Bill Haenel mail at webmarketingworx.com
Wed Mar 26 16:16:24 CST 2003

> Has
> anyone considered why it is we're sending weekend soldiers to combat
> lifetime soldiers??

I don't know about combat, but my buddy in the ANG here in New York state
will go when they call (apparently soon from what he says), and from what he
tells me they (his unit) is sent in because they are one of the only units
of their type (air-crew/medics) in the US military. I don't know that this
is always the case, but from what he says, often the reservists perform
functions that are relatively specific compared to full-time spots.

Valid? I don't know. But possible.

BH