[thechat] supporting the troops

Erik Mattheis gozz at gozz.com
Wed Mar 26 16:25:50 CST 2003

On Wednesday, March 26, 2003, at 02:33 PM, Erika Meyer wrote:
> Hell, I could have told you that on September 12, 2001.  That was the
> week I started to think about what I was going to do, where to run or
> send my child, should our government do the predictable reaction...

I bet Bush et al, were thinking the same thing:

George: "Great! We can start a bunch of wars now! Let's see, War on
Evil?"
Condi: "How about 'War on Terrorism'" it's more specific, but still
quite broad."
Cheney: "Perfect, good thinking Conni."
Colin: "I I can suggest ..."
Rummy: "Here's how we'll do it, we'll suggest connections between
Hussein, and al Queda. It doesn't matter which one did it, we'll be
able to nail them both."
Cheney: "Nice thinking Donnie, we have some good minds here."
George: "So I supposed to just be like you know, inspecificable about
things?"
Rummy: "Yes, they'll tell you what to say."
Colin: "But what if there is no connection ..."
Cheney:  "Shut up Colin. Rummy wasn't finished."
Rummy: "Thanks, Dick. Anyway, I think about four months of talk of
researching connections between Hussein and al Queda would do it. Then
when pressed we'll be able to admit there was no connection, but people
will still be OK with doing Iraq cause they already think Saddam is a
terrorist."
George: "Can I ask a question?"
Conni: "Yes, george, go right ahead."
George: "Is Hussein that Sadim guy who tried to kill my Daddy?"

--
-/erik/

Anti-invasion activism ideas:
<http://shockingelk.com/>

He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my
contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the
spinal cord would fully suffice.

- Albert Einstein