[thechat] Mac Davis!!

Erika Meyer erika at seastorm.com
Wed Mar 26 18:19:27 CST 2003

>I gotta admit, even as a long-haired child of hippies in hippie-centric
>Eugene, I'm pretty intolerant of dumb made-up names and the dumb made-up
>pseudo-spirituality that goes with 'em.
>
>--
>
>David Wagner
>dave at worlddomination.net

My hometown was as hippie as your town, but I suspect that we were
and our comfortable and at peace with our hippie-ness and so felt no
need to prove ourselves by making up a wannabe identity.

Once in my early days in Portland I thought I'd whine about the lack
of available shade-grown coffee in town... so wandered into Cascadia
Forest Alliance and struck up a conversation with this guy "Tre
Arrow."

His POV:  "I've never heard of that.  But why would you want to
pollute your body with such a nasty drug as coffee?"

And I'm like "what's with this?  Am I not hardcore enough?  Am I not
pure?"  And then he asks me to vote for him.  And I'm thinking,
"Yeah. I'll go with the democrat this time..."

And he says "blessings!" and floats away...

He used to come with a wheel barrow and manage the compost at my
daughters "no meat" day care...

and then...
http://www.fbi.gov/mostwant/fugitive/dec2002/decscarpitti.htm
FBI: "Scarpitti is known to travel with a large, black backpack and a
black guitar case. He frequently does not wear shoes."

Erika