[thechat] A balance of opinion. - Iran

Syed Zeeshan Haider szh at softhome.net
Thu Mar 27 14:40:28 CST 2003

From: "Tara Cleveland"

> > Yes, but it has its roots in culture NOT religion. Islam has more strict
laws
> > for men because they are physically superior to the women (I mean physically
> > NOT
> > as a human). As humans, both are equal.
>
> Well, I'd like to see your body carry a baby to term and then give birth to
> it. Is it superior to mine in that function? When it comes to birthin'
> babies, women's bodies are definitely superior. Men and women's bodies are
> different. Each does some things better than the other. One is not superior
> to the other.

Very good comparison! Fully agreed!

When Islam stresses the importance and holiness of mothers for their children,
it makes people remember how their mothers brought up them (babies) inside
bodies for about 9 months. Islam makes people realize how their mothers suffered
themselves to keep them inside bodies as babies and brought up them as children.
According to Islam, serving mother is better than going to jihad. Islam states
that mother's right on children is three times more than that of father. In
other words, mother is three times superior to father for her children.
Prophet Muhammad said, "The paradise is under the feet of mother". It means that
by serving his/her mother, one can get paradise as reward from Allah.
--
Syed Zeeshan Haider.
http://syedzeeshanhaider.faithweb.com/